The 5th International Soft Matter Conference (ISMC2019) will be held in Edinburgh, United Kingdom from 3-7 June 2019.
The Organisers are looking forward to welcoming you to this Conference, held under the auspices of the SoftComp Network of Excellence (external link).
Confirmed Plenary Speakers include:
- Lydéric Bocquet (CNRS, ENS): ‘Flow and rheology at ultimate scales’
- Stephen L Craig (Duke University): ‘Macromolecular Mechanochemistry’
- Kohzo Ito (University of Tokyo): ‘Tough topological polymers and their applications to energy-efficient vehicles and medicine’
- Cait MacPhee (Universoity of Edinburgh): 'Biofilms: What’s in it for Soft Matter?'
- Susan Perkin (University of Oxford): ‘A Cabinet of Curiosities: Stories of Electrostatics in Soft Matter’
There will be 10 scientific sessions:
- Active Soft Matter
- Arrested Soft Matter
- Colloidal and Granular Soft Matter
- Interfacial Soft Matter
- Living Soft Matter
- Stressed Soft Matter
- Polymeric Soft Matter
- Making and Measuring Soft Matter
- Processing Soft Matter
- Self-assembled Soft Matter
Registration Opens 3 June, Morning
Scientific Programme Starts 3 June, 2pm
Opening Social Reception 3 June, Evening
Conference closes (with lunch) 7 June, 12:30 pm
Confirmed sponsors include: